The Washington Manual of Surgical Pathology
Presented in the renowned, fast-access format of other Washington Manual® titles, this excellent book is a practical guide to the clinical practice of surgical pathology. This valuable resource covers all aspects of surgical pathology for every organ and anatomic site, including gross examination and dissection; microscopic diagnosis of medical as well as surgical diseases; tumor classification; and tumor staging. Separate chapters are devoted to ancillary surgical pathology techniques, including immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence microscopy, electron microscopy, frozen section diagnosis, flow cytometry, DNA and RNA based molecular methods, and imaging technologies.
A companion Website offers the fully searchable text plus an image bank of more than 2700 figures.
New to the Second Edition - Every chapter thoroughly updated
- New chapter on diseases of the retroperitoneum
- New subchapters on renal transplant pathology and cystic diseases of the kidney, and a reorganized chapter on molecular genetic testing
- Over 1,000 new images
- Updated AJCC cancer staging
- 2013 BMA Medical Book Award First Prize winner in Pathology
‘I would unreservedly recommend this book to all in surgical pathology practice: from those starting off in the discipline to senior colleagues'
'Its strength lies in its rapid-access outline, small footprint size and format with abundant diagrams and tables. This is backed up by an impressive amount of up-to-date information about disease entities and the practicalities of handling almost all pathological specimens from reception to producing a report'
-BMA Medical Book Award Reviewer
- NEW! 150 new color images, for a total of 2000 color images- NEW! Chapter on benign non-neoplastic diseases of the kidney needs to be added- NEW! Clinico-pathologic entities and new diagnostic variants/patterns of disease will be added- NEW! Immunostains will be cited in the chapters, where accepted as useful- NEW! Molecular genetic pathology information will be given, in those chapters where useful for practical diagnostic purposes- NEW! Section on the retroperitoneum will be added to the chapter on soft tissue- Updated TNM Staging- Eminently qualified author group- Practical manual covering the handling, diagnosis, and reporting of the pathologic findings in tissue samples