Super-High-Strength High Performance Concrete
When produced correctly, concrete can be extremely strong, with high load-bearing capacity and superior durability. Another noteworthy property is the relatively low amount of energy and resources consumed during production. Super-High-Strength High Performance Concrete brings together the results of a major research project by the National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Doctoral Foundation of the Ministry of Education of China. This ten-year project explored the properties, performance, and potential of super-high-strength high performance (SHSHP) concrete.
With a view towards improved production that optimizes the strength and durability of concrete, the book presents a host of topics on the cutting edge of concrete research. These include:
- A new method for the specific strength analysis of the pozzolanic effect of active mineral admixtures
- Analysis of the strength composition of SHSHP concrete
- Optimization of raw materials and mix proportion parameters for strength and flowability
- Analysis of the mechanical properties, deformation, and durability of SHSHP concrete
- Methods for decreasing autogeneous shrinkage
- Testing methods for SHSHP concrete
The book concludes with a consideration of the practical and economic benefits of these optimized concretes. A systematic study of the different aspects of this essential commodity as well as the future direction of concrete science and technology, this book is a valuable resource for material scientists and engineers engaged in developing better structures.