The Ultimate Echo Guide
The Ultimate Echo Guide, Second Edition is designed to provide a complete echocardiography consultation in an easy, fast, and succinct manner.You will find essential information for a range of commonly encountered pathologies. Discussions of each echo technique (M-mode, 2-D, Doppler TTE, and TEE) include best imaging planes, diagnostic methods, diagnostic formulas, key diagnostic features, data on accuracy and prognosis, and alerts to potential pitfalls.New to the Second Edition is a chapter on Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy, new comparison tables and figure for findings from TTE and TEE, and additional color images. This practical guide comes with a companion website, which includes more than 375 echo video clips and the ability to search across the text. - Concise, straightforward text with bullet points allows you to access key information at a glance—a great time-saver for the busy clinician.
- More than 260 oversized high-resolution TEE illustrations and 3D TTE and TEE figures help to display the anatomy at actual size to enhance diagnostic features.
- Companion website with searchable text and more than 375 echo video clips
- Specific applications address the use of echo in the pregnant patient, echo parameters of poor prognosis, echo parameters indicating surgical and non-surgical intervention, intraoperative echo, and follow-up.
- Informative text and tables with summary information for up-to-date appropriateness criteria (by ASE guidelines), diagnostic methods and criteria, diagnostic accuracy, disease stratification, prognostic indicators, parameters indicating surgical or non-surgical intervention, and follow-up.
- Practical content concentrating on information needed for daily or routine echocardiographic performance and interpretation.
- This practical guide is the ideal reference to use when preparing for the echo boards, or as a practical tool for teaching/speaker conferences
Selected as one of "The 2005 Great Books in Cardiology" by The American Journal of Cardiology®
* New chapter on Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy* Comparison tables and figures for TTE and TEE findings* More color images* Online access to searchable text and more than 375 echo clips