Decision Making in Neurocritical Care
From important aspects of the physical examination to imaging studies to treatment options and dosage guidelines, Decision Making in Neurocritical Care provides a solid introduction to the evidence-based management of patients in the neurological intensive care unit. Succinct text in a highly accessible bullet-point format details the essentials of history-taking, physical examination, differential diagnosis, diagnostic evaluation, and treatments for a range of neurological problems in the critical care setting.
- Brief vignettes of typical cases emphasize key questions for the physician to consider and urgent orders to be given
- Coverage of the basics of neurocritical care, including techniques of intubation, ventilator management, sedation, and multimodality monitoring
- Pearls and pitfalls highlight key points in patient management
- Convenient medication tables, including dosages, adverse effects, and contraindications
- Consistent presentation in each chapter enhances ease of use
Ideal for neurologists, neurosurgeons and critical care physicians at all levels, this book is invaluable for optimizing patient care. It is also an excellent choice for board review preparation in these specialties.