Mathematical Tools for Physicists
Mathematical Tools for Physicists is a unique collection of 18 carefully reviewed articles, each one written by a renowned expert working in the relevant field. The result is beneficial to both advanced students as well as scientists at work; the former will appreciate it as a comprehensive introduction, while the latter will use it as a ready reference.
The contributions range from fundamental methods right up to the latest applications, including:
- Algebraic/ analytic / geometric methods
- Symmetries and conservation laws
- Mathematical modeling
- Quantum computation
The emphasis throughout is ensuring quick access to the information sought, and each article features:
- an abstract
- a detailed table of contents
- continuous cross-referencing
- references to the most relevant publications in the field, and
- suggestions for further reading, both introductory as well as highly specialized.
In addition, a comprehensive index provides easy access to the vast number of key words extending beyond the range of the headlines.