John Walkenbach's Favorite Excel Tips & Tricks
Want some advice from Mr. Spreadsheet? Here it is!
Nobody knows Excel like John Walkenbach. For this one-of-a-kind collection, he's handpicked over 200 of his favorite shortcuts, secrets, and workarounds for Excel 2000, 2002, and 2003. He'll help you tame automatic toolbars, create charts you thought were impossible, find what you need in Excel's help system, and deal with function arguments.
You'll learn to streamline routine procedures and create complex solutions. Build dynamic charts. Transform data with or without formulas. Troubleshoot common setup problems. Create custom add-ins, hide field buttons in a PivotChart, and control automatic functions. Record and run macros with workbooks. And more.
Mr. Spreadsheet knows how to make Excel work for you.
* Tip # 39 Creating a drop-down list in a cell
* Tip # 59 Setting up alternate row shading
* Tip # 96 Displaying a calendar in a range
* Tip # 118 Creating a picture chart
* Tip # 153 Reducing the size of a workbook