Broadband Networking shows you how to bring all the benefits of multiservice networks to your company, and build an infrastructure for audio, graphics, animation, full motion video - all types of real-time multimedia applications. Broadband Networking provides easy-to-understand material on service issues, such as latency and bandwidth, standards, and critical technologies, including
- The rapid deployment of voice over traditionally data-only networks with chapters on Voice over IP, Voice over Frame Relay, the IP PBX, video conferencing, and voice/video operations in the LAN.
- Emerging new technologies, such as dense wave-division multiplexing (DWDM).
- Delivery technologies coverage, including digital subscriber line (DSL), cable modems, wireless, and even satellite delivery
With Broadband Networking, you'll learn how to:
- Reduce costs and add services with new bandwidth saving techniques o Expand a network's capacity, leverage infrastructure, and safeguard network privacy
- Prepare a network for the stringent requirements for two-way interactive video
- Lower WAN costs, enhance access capability, and make faster upgrades with frame relay
- Find out key networking options for supporting bursty data on LANs and WANs
- Learn practical information from top experts at leading-edge companies, such as Lucent Technologies, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Siemens, and MCI
Whether you're a network manager, architect, administrator, or engineer, Broadband Networking brings together crucial information and insight for making the best possible decisions about today's most important networking technologies.