Didactics of Microlearning
This book is a comprehensive and articulate introduction to the emerging field of microlearning. In public institutions, in small and medium sized enterprises and in informal contexts we are all dealing with increasingly complex learning requirements, more fragmented knowledge, demands for greater cultural flexibility, and rapid technological change. As a result, new approaches are required, focusing on microcontent, medial fluency and spaces of learning. The volume is unique in its selection of concepts and examples that deal with:
- micro-steps of learning in meso- and macro-contexts
- pedagogical, cultural, organizational and technological dimensions of microlearning
- the educational use of various local and mobile devices and media
- the integration of microcontent into new structures of knowledge
- networked spaces for learning, work and play
- game-based concepts for meaningful teaching and learning
- micromedia and micro-didactics for new learning cultures
- the evaluation of mediated learning environments and processes
This emphasis on manifold aspects and interdisciplinary approaches opens up new possibilities for the design of educational environments as well as for usability, accessibility, and evaluation.
Didactics of Microlearning is essential reading for anyone interested in the future of learning in technically-mediated lifeworlds, or in combining pedagogical, cultural, technological, organizational or other aspects of knowledge and learning.