Coding for MIMO Communication Systems
Coding for MIMO Communication Systems is a comprehensive introduction and overview to the various emerging coding techniques developed for MIMO communication systems. The basics of wireless communications and fundamental issues of MIMO channel capacity are introduced and the space-time block and trellis coding techniques are covered in detail. Other signaling schemes for MIMO channels are also considered, including spatial multiplexing, concatenated coding and iterative decoding for MIMO systems, and space-time coding for non-coherent MIMO channels. Practical issues including channel correlation, channel estimation and antenna selection are also explored, with problems at the end of each chapter to clarify many important topics.
* A comprehensive book on coding for MIMO techniques covering main strategies
* Theories and practical issues on MIMO communications are examined in detail
* Easy to follow and accessible for both beginners and experienced practitioners in the field
* References at the end of each chapter for further reading
* Can be used with ease as a research book, or a textbook on a graduate or advanced undergraduate level course
This book is aimed at advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students, researchers and practitioners in industry, as well as individuals working for government, military, science and technology institutions who would like to learn more about coding for MIMO communication systems.