VRML 2.0 Sourcebook
THE BEST BOOK AVAILABLE ON VRML
FROM THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO COULD HAVE WRITTEN IT
It took a team of experts from SDSC (the San Diego Supercomputer Center) to write the most authoritative and comprehensive guide available for creating 3-D virtual worlds on the Internet with VRML. Focusing on step-by-step guidance and insider tips and tricks, this task-oriented guide contains everything you need to make optimum use of this new technology. Totally rewritten for Version 2.0, this book explains:
* How to design complex objects for your virtual world using VRML
* How to use special lighting, viewpoints, and professional graphics techniques to create extremely realistic worlds
* How to animate objects in and write scripts for your 3-D world with behaviors.
Packed with fascinating and instructive examples, diagrams, and screen captures, VRML 2.0 Sourcebook is an invaluable technical resource for professional developers and hobbyists alike.
* All the code for the VRML objects and worlds in the book
* Textures and VRML objects that can be used to create more realistic VRML worlds
* VRML Web browsers, authoring tools, and graphic manipulation tools
* Additional VRML worlds not in the book