The e-Assessment Handbook
The e-Assessment Handbook provides a comprehensive and accessible text for all practitioners who need to use software tools to assess their student's performance.
- The handbook covers all aspects of online assessment including choosing software, practical examples of e-assessment, and using interactivity to increase effectiveness.
- The author examines the implications for all subject disciplines, the practical issues such as security, accessibility standards and guidelines as well as the implications for the future.
Assessing learning in an online environment is being used by teachers and institutions at an increasing rate. Learners are demanding a more flexible approach to assessment activities just as they have done with learning. This demand will increase as online practice becomes embedded into all schools, further and higher educational courses and corporate training programs. As students are engaging with content in an online environment, they will also need to be assessed using the same tools that are used for the learning experience. This book provides practical guidance to various aspects of online assessment including:
- types of assessment
- choosing the right software
- examples of e-assessment over a wide-variety of disciplines
- making e-assessment interactive