Media/History/Society offers a cultural history of media in the United States, shifting the lens of media history from media developments and evolution to a focus on changes in culture and society, emphasizing how media shaped and were shaped by these trends, policies, and cultural shifts.
* Covers the topics that instructors want to teach
* Provides a timely and relevant culturally determined perspective on media history in American society
* Organized thematically rather than chronologically
* Links history to contemporary issues, setting journalism into a broader historical context
* Includes alternate table of contents, discussion questions, an instructor's manual, and sample exams