The most comprehensive guide to facility management-revised and extensively updated for the 21st century
From the moment it was first published, Facility Management became the ultimate reference for facility and design professionals who want to create a productive workplace that corresponds to the short- and long-term goals of their corporation. This Second Edition of the facility manager's bible provides complete, fully up-to-date information and guidance on the evolving facility management profession that will help facility professionals and their service providers meet and exceed these goals.
Among this guidebook's outstanding features are its hands-on approach and the use of relevant exhibits including samples, policies, procedures, and forms. It provides practical guidance on a host of issues, including annual, long-range, and strategic planning; financial forecasting; real estate considerations; architectural and engineering planning and design; interior programming and space consideration; construction and renovation work; and much more.
Featuring an extensive amount of new and revised information, this new edition covers all of the very latest developments in the field, including:
* A major section on facility management information technology-telecommunications, computer integration, safety and security, disaster avoidance and recovery, and more
* More in-depth information on benchmarking and outsourcing
* Extensive reviews of the latest industry trends
* Revised coverage of strategic planning, budgeting, and maintenance and operations issues
* A glossary that includes terminology developed over the past decade
Facility Management, Second Edition is the complete, one-stop resource for facility professionals, architects, service providers, corporate real estate professionals, and educators. It is also an important introduction for young professionals and students considering a future in the industry.