Sports Injuries of the Knee
Enhance your knowledge of the basic and advanced techniques for treating athletes with knee injuries and conditionsHere is a practical surgical guide to procedures for the most common problems and sports-related injuries to the knee.
Sports Injuries of the Knee discusses 32 key surgical treatments for managing problems of the meniscus, articular cartilage abnormalities, ligament tears, patellofemoral problems, tendon injuries, and fractures about the knee. Each chapter provides a concise outline of physical examination techniques, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, indications, operative and non-operative treatment options, patient positioning, goals, approaches, surgical techniques, and postoperative considerations. Leading experts offer their perspectives on procedures such as arthroscopic menisecal repair, ligament reconstruction, osteochondritis dissecans treatment, osteotomies about the knee, proximal/distal realignment for patellar instability, and more.Highlights:
- Practical tips from the experts on handling the most common problems encountered in clinical practice
- Numerous approaches for osteotomy, ACL reconstruction, and PCL reconstruction
- A chapter on managing difficult multiligament injuries
- "Pearls'' and "Pitfalls'' call attention to key points and offer tips for how to avoid complications
- More than 270 illustrations aid the comprehension of each surgical technique
This essential reference is ideal for all orthopaedic surgeons, sports medicine specialists, fellows in training, and residents treating patients with knee injuries and conditions.