Turf Maintenance Facility Design and Management
From set-up to operation-everything the turf equipment manager needs to know, all in one place
Inside this book are proven techniques that enable you to design, build, and manage an efficient and safe turf maintenance facility for golf courses, parks, and sports complexes. Backed by more than fifty years of collective experience, the authors assist you in developing and implementing cost-effective preventive maintenance programs that rely on the latest technology to optimize the performance of turf equipment. Moreover, with its detailed coverage of safety regulations and regulatory agencies, the book helps ensure the safety of everyone who works in the shop or uses the turf equipment.
This unique reference brings together all the best practices and clear, step-by-step guidance for critical tasks such as:
* Remodeling older maintenance facilities to maximize efficiency and equipment performance
* Using the quick-start method for setting up an effective preventive maintenance program
* Selecting essential tools and equipment for the shop
* Maintaining closely mown turf using the latest reel technology
* Taking advantage of a simple diagnostic technique to organize, dissect, and isolate equipment problems
* Choosing the right turf equipment manager and training equipment operators
Extensive use of drawings and photographs of actual facilities and equipment help you understand how to implement the authors' recommendations. Web site addresses for many of the suppliers and services that you need are listed in the Appendix. In short, all the essentials of turf equipment management and maintenance-from initial set-up to operation-are now available in one place for quick and easy reference.