Keep Your Donors
Keep Your Donors
The Guide to Better Communications and Stronger Relationships
"No other book on the market addresses the primary role of fundraisers-building relationships. The duo of expertise from Tom Ahern and Simone Joyaux make this the book to own. An instant classic."
- Susan F. Rice, ACFRE, former chair, CFRE International
"At LAST! Ahern and Joyaux have produced a much-needed volume that combines concrete theory with the realities of fundraising to create a practical guide to fundraising communications. This will be an essential addition to every fundraiser's library and an important resource for CFRE exam candidates."
- Morgean Hirt, Executive Director, CFRE International
"A great book...a great read...value beyond words. Ahern and Joyaux have married ideas, insights, stories, and real-life examples to remind us all...it is all about the donor."
- J. A. (Tony) Myers, Advisor to the President (Strategic Initiatives) University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
"Brilliant! A wonderful combination of big picture inspiration and practical know-how. A must-read for anyone in the nonprofit sector who cares about receiving contributions from donors."
- Alexcia WhiteCrow, CFRE, Development Services ManagerPlanned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota
"These pages are filled with everything you need to know about relationship fundraising-written in an easy conversational style that will have you fully engaged as a reader. The placement of sound, practical advice within the context of the deeper meaning of nonprofits and philanthropy creates an extraordinarily satisfying experience for the reader."
- Carol Golden, Executive Vice President & Chief Philanthropy OfficerThe Rhode Island Foundation
"Tom and Simone have made an invaluable contribution to the art and science of relationship building that is the hallmark of successful philanthropy. This timely, practical, and thought-provoking book should be shared with institutional leaders, volunteer boards, and development professionals who are committed to challenging themselves daily to be donor-centered. The writing style is engaging, opinions are supported by research and, in their usual style, the authors have liberally shared best practices that can be readily adapted to all sectors and program size. Read this book with a pen and pad in hand and learn how to master the art of telling donor stories."
- Pearl F. Veenema, FAHP, President & CEO, Hamilton Health Sciences FoundationImmediate past chair, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy
"A broadly nuanced view of written and personal fund development communications and their purpose-creating and sustaining relationships-that embraces philosophy, strategy, and practical tips. The counterpoint of their style intrigues, and their prose is lively and surprising: interspersing anecdotes with intermezzos with powerful challenges to the way we approach our work and our relationships. Bravo!"
- Kay Sprinkel Grace, Principal, Transforming Philanthropy, LLC