Principles and Applications of Emulsion Polymerization
Up-to-date coverage of methods of emulsion polymerization
This book provides a comprehensive reference on emulsion polymerization methods,focusing on the fundamental mechanisms and kinetics of each process, as well as how they can be applied to the manufacture of environmentally friendly polymeric materials.
Topics covered include:
* Conventional emulsion polymerization
* Miniemulsion polymerization
* Microemulsion polymerization
* Industrial emulsion polymerization processes (primarily the semibatch and continuous reactions systems)
* The role of various colloidal phenomena in emulsion polymerization
* Important end-use properties of emulsion polymer (latex) products
* Information on industrial applications in paints, coatings, adhesives, paper and board, and more
This is a hands-on reference for graduate students and professionals in polymer chemistry, chemical engineering, and materials science who are involved in research on coatings, adhesives, rubber, latex, paints, finishes, and other materials that can be created using various methods of emulsion polymerization.