Religion Past and Present - Set volumes 1-14
Religion Past and Present is the English version of the 4th edition of Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart (RGG), the highly respected, authoritative encyclopedia of Christian theology, biblical studies and religious studies.
Taking into account the latest research developments, Religion Past and Present offers a wide-ranging and multi-denominational approach to all aspects of the study of religion.
- Standard reference work in the field since the publication of its first edition in 1908
- Strongly international, cross-cultural and ecumenical: over 3,000 authors from 88 countries
- Covers an unparalleled breadth of subject matter in theological and biblical studies
- Up-to-date research findings and bibliographies make it an indispensable resource for all levels of users
- Interdisciplinary: articles cover a wide range of topics from history, archaeology, liturgy, law, bible, music, visual arts, politics, social sciences, natural sciences, ethics, and philosophy
- Short definitions and cross-references make for quick and easy searching
- Over 15,000 entries: 8 million words
- Thirteen volumes plus index
RGG and RPP are also available online. For more information visit www.brillonline.nl.