The International Business Environment
Will the expansion of the Chinese economy result in job losses in the USA?
How can a natural disaster in Japan cause world stock markets to plummet?
What impact does the Arab Spring have on the petroleum industry in the Middle East and North Africa?
Adopting a clear global perspective, this textbook is an essential introduction to the challenges of the international business environment.
The book begins by setting the global context and evaluating the idea of international industries, the world economy, and the threats and opportunities of global markets. The authors then identify the core issues faced by businesses and the dynamic socio-cultural, technological, political, legal, and ecological environments in which they operate.
Case studies are sourced from almost every continent in the world, including a wealth of examples from the emerging markets of Africa, South America, and Asia. In addition, each chapter provides a range of learning tools designed to test and develop the reader's understanding. Questions and assignment tasks ensure students can apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios, while full colour diagrams throughout the book illustrate business environment theory and comparative examples with
This unique combination of accessible theory, diverse case studies, and reflection points will prepare the reader for academic success and develop the professional skills required to excel in their future global business career.
This book is supported by an integrated Online Resource Centre.
- Connect to reliable international business environment resources using chapter-by-chapter web links.
- Develop your research skills by solving web exercises linked to relevant sites and online articles.
- Test your understanding and receive instant feedback with our range of multiple choice questions.
- Re-cap on key terms with our interactive flashcard glossary.
- View a range of video links connected to key topics and ideas from the book.
- Improve your understanding of the financial environment by accessing additional links to financial and economic resources
For registered lecturers:
- Guide class debate with suggested solutions to the review questions.
- Get the most from the end of chapter case studies with guidance and suggested answers.
- Adapt PowerPoint slides for use in your lecture presentations.
- Access additional questions for group tutorial work, exams, and assignments.
- Download the figures and tables from the book to use as hand-outs in class.