Clinical Scenarios in Vascular Surgery
Now greatly expanded to include all common open surgical and endovascular interventions for both arterial and venous diseases, Clinical Scenarios in Vascular Surgery, 2nd Edition, is ideal both for general surgery residents and surgeons in practice. You’ll explore 124 case scenarios, each presented in an easy-to-digest format, designed to be read in one sitting. After each case, there are two multiple choice questions that allow for a self-assessment of the case material. With nearly twice the number of chapters as the first edition, this updated text reflects the tremendous advancements that have been made in the diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease, including the new terminology, tests, and procedures that every contemporary surgeon needs to know.
Key Features - Study efficiently and effectively for oral board review, or use the cases for quick clinical reference or self-assessment.
- Progress logically through each case: patient presentation, differential diagnosis, workup (including diagnostic imaging), diagnosis and treatment, surgical approach, special intraoperative considerations, postoperative management, case conclusion, take-home points, and a short list of suggested readings.
- Test your comprehension and prepare for exams with NEW multiple-choice questions following each case.
- Expand your knowledge of venous disease and dialysis access with greater coverage of these timely topics.
- Clearly visualize every case thanks to a full-color design and hundreds of clear, high-quality illustrations throughout.
- Learn to anticipate important elements of each case with tables that summarize key technical steps and potential pitfalls.
- Benefit from the knowledge and experience of nearly 200 expert contributors who are on the cutting edge of clinical vascular surgery.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to: - Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use