Business Ethics Through Movies
Business Ethics Through Movies: A Case Study Approach examines a wide range of ethical dilemmas, principles and moral reasoning that arise in contemporary business through a series of popular films and real-world case studies.
* Engages readers in learning about ethical theory by using movies and both national and international case studies in business as the vehicle for analysis and reflection
* Facilitates comprehension of ethical issues by showing how characters in films confront issues, make choices, and face the consequences
* Draws from a variety of actual cases in Business Ethics - from the 1982 Tylenol poisoning and the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster to recent examples such as the Foster Farms salmonella outbreak and the chemical spill in West Virginia
* Reveals the important role that ethics plays in setting the moral foundation of a business or corporation
* Develops critical thinking skills through applying analytical checklists to ethical dilemmas raised in films and in actual cases in Business Ethics