Successfully diagnose the full spectrum of thyroid neoplasia with Thyroid Cytopathology: A Text and Atlas! In this trusted pathology reference, readers are provided with the most comprehensive, authoritative coverage on the evaluation of thyroid fine-needle biopsy specimens available in one source. The text discusses everything from basic cytopathology concepts, fine-needle aspiration biopsy techniques, and cytopreparation through the interpretation of the complete range of cytology findings, ancillary diagnostic techniques, and the application of pathology reports to management decisions. With Thyroid Cytopathology: A Text and Atlas, you can confidently identify even the most challenging specimens in a timely manner in order to optimize clinical response.
- Effectively interpret the newer liquid-based cytologic preparationsof thyroid aspirates, as well as the traditional wet-fixed Papanicolaou-stained and air-dried Romanowski-stained preparations, with richly illustrated, in-depth coverage of all these approaches.
- Apply the latest molecular diagnostic techniques for evaluating follicular/Hürthle cell lesions of the thyroid gland, prognostication of papillary thyroid carcinomas, and other difficult challenges.
- Obtain balanced guidance on ultrasound-guided FNA biopsy with contributions from both radiologists and endocrinologists.
- Recognize essential clinical features by comparing your specimens to more than 1,700 full-color photomicrographs that depict the full range of fine needle aspiration biopsy findings, including unusual as well as typical patterns.
- Avoid diagnostic pitfalls with an emphasis on overlapping patterns and differential diagnosis.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to: - Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use