Fundamentals of Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Dazed and confused by Nursing Fundamentals class? Problem solved: Fundamentals of Nursing Made Incredibly Easy! makes it easy to learn the basics of nursing science, concepts and skills. Enjoy the light-hearted, real-life examples, and simple definitions of this popular book, packed with easy-to-follow instructions. You’ll quickly grasp the basics of nursing science and on-the-job skills and gain the confidence you need to succeed.
This essential, one-of-a-kind reference makes learning the fundamentals of nursing incredibly easy with.
· NEW Info on social media and nursing
· NEW Info on current practice in wound care
· NEW Info on Healthy People 2020 health improvement program
· NEW Nutrition content updated to include MyPlate.gov healthy eating guidelines
· NEW Most current American Nursing Association practice standards
· Numerous care plan examples, including common nursing diagnoses, appropriate patient outcomes, and basis for each recommended treatment
· Three easy sections:
o Foundational Concepts - Overview of nursing; basics of health and illness; ethical and legal considerations; the nursing process
o General Nursing Skills – Communication; health assessment; taking vital signs; asepsis and infection control; medication basics; medication administration; IV therapy
o Physiologic Needs – Oxygenation; patient self-care and hygiene; mobility, activity, and exercise; skin integrity and wound healing; comfort, rest, and sleep; pain management; nutrition; urinary elimination; bowel elimination
· Fun drawings and cartoons make it simple to relate to skills and concepts
· Easy-to-read content offers simple definitions of technical medical terms
· Great refresher for new nursing grads and experienced nurses looking to renew their basic skills
· Illustrated features in each chapter include:
o Memory joggers – Simple tricks for remembering key info
o Teacher’s lounge – Patient-teaching tips on procedures, equipment and home care
o Ages and stages – Identifies issues and procedures where patient’s age impacts nursing care
o Just the facts – Brief outline of content at the start of every chapter
o Quick Quiz – NCLEX practice questions at end of every chapter
o Stay on the ball – Possible dangers, risks, complications, contraindications and safety measures
o Take note! – Tips on how to document patient info