The Winged Chariot
The volume discusses important chapters of Platonic philosophy, including its pre-Socratic origins and later developments. It particularly focusses on the relationship between Plato's logico-semantics and his metaphysics. Plato's linguistic views are deeply rooted in the Platonic metaphysical system, and vice versa. The strong connection between the two and its development into the Middle Ages form a major subject of this volume.
Other themes featuring in this book are Plato's philosophy of nature, his epistemology, his theology, his cosmology, as well as his conception of the soul and his philosophy of art.
Contributors include: E.P. Bos, Frans A.J. de Haas, Maria Kardaun, C.H. Kneepkens, Jaap Mansfeld, Denis O’Brien, Johannes M. van Ophuijsen, Willemien Otten, David T. Runia, and Joke Spruyt.
Publications by L.M. de Rijk:
• La philosophie au moyen âge, ISBN: 978 90 04 06936 7
• Aristotle: Semantics and Ontology. Volume I: General Introduction. The Works on Logic, ISBN: 978 90 04 12324 3
• Aristotle: Semantics and Ontology. Volume II: The Metaphysics. Semantics in Aristotle's Strategy of Argument, ISBN: 978 90 04 12467 7
• Peter of Spain (Petrus Hispanus Portugalensis). Edited by L.M. de Rijk, Syncategoreumata. First Critical Edition with an Introduction and Indexes, ISBN: 978 90 04 09434 5
• Edited and Translated by L.M. de Rijk, Nicholas of Autrecourt: His Correspondence with Master Giles and Bernard of Arezzo, ISBN: 978 90 04 09988 3
• Giraldus Odonis O.F.M. Edited by L.M. de Rijk, Opera Philosophica. Vol. I: Logica. Critical Edition from the Manuscripts, ISBN: 978 90 04 10950 6
• Giraldus Odonis O.F.M. Edited by L.M. de Rijk, Opera Philosophica. Vol. II: De intentionibus, ISBN: 978 90 04 11117 2