Intellectual Property and Assessing its Financial Value
This book covers the different aspects, such as patents, trademarks and copyright of Intellectual Property (IP) from a more practical business perspective. Intellectual Property and Assessing its' Financial Value describes the differences between regions, mainly the differences between the US and EU. In addition, several tools are presented for assessing the value of new IP, which is of importance before engaging on a new project that could result in new IP or for licensing purposes. The first chapter introduces the different types of IP and illustrating the business importance of capturing and safeguarding IP, the second chapter discusses patents and other forms of IP with subsequent chapters exploring copyright and trademarks in more detail, and a concluding chapter on the future of systems that can assess new IP value.
- Introduces IP and various features from a business perspective
- Includes tools to assess the value of new IP
- Provides a comprehensive and practical insight into IP
- Explores other forms of IP including designs, models, breeders rights, and domain names
- Offers an applied approach to IP and systems to evaluate the value of new IP