RDF Database Systems
RDF Database Systems is a cutting-edge guide that distills everything you need to know to effectively use or design an RDF database. This book starts with the basics of linked open data and covers the most recent research, practice, and technologies to help you leverage semantic technology. With an approach that combines technical detail with theoretical background, this book shows how to design and develop semantic web applications, data models, indexing and query processing solutions.
- Understand the Semantic Web, RDF, RDFS, SPARQL, and OWL within the context of relational database management and NoSQL systems
- Learn about the prevailing RDF triples solutions for both relational and non-relational databases, including column family, document, graph, and NoSQL
- Implement systems using RDF data with helpful guidelines and various storage solutions for RDF
- Process SPARQL queries with detailed explanations of query optimization, query plans, caching, and more
- Evaluate which approaches and systems to use when developing Semantic Web applications with a helpful description of commercial and open-source systems