Coastal Risk Management in a Changing Climate
Existing coastal management and defense approaches are not well suited to meet the challenges of climate change and related uncertanities. Professionals in this field need a more dynamic, systematic and multidisciplinary approach. Written by an international group of experts, Coastal Risk Management in a Changing Climate provides innovative, multidisciplinary best practices for mitigating the effects of climate change on coastal structures. Based on the Theseus program, the book includes eight study sites across Europe, with specific attention to the most vulnerable coastal environments such as deltas, estuaries and wetlands, where many large cities and industrial areas are located.
- Integrated risk assessment tools for considering the effects of climate change and related uncertainties
- Presents latest insights on coastal engineering defenses
- Provides integrated guidelines for setting up optimal mitigation measures
- Provides directly applicable tools for the design of mitigation measures
- Highlights socio-economic perspectives in coastal mitigation