Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Stay up to date with the latest developments in your field with the highly-anticipated second edition of Age-Related Macular Degeneration. This comprehensive text covers recent advances in pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment including promising new developments that will affect your patient care. Dr. Virgil Alfaro and his colleagues at Retina Consultants of Charleston bring you their expertise in the areas of basic science, imaging, prevention, treatment, and more.
Features: - Learn from a renowned group of retina surgeons who address all aspects of management, including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology; imaging of the macula in ARMD, prevention measures and treatment; and future directions in the field.
- Gain a solid foundation in intravenous fluorescein angiography, indocyanine green angiography, and optical coherence tomography, as well as antiVEGE therapy and related new drugs, optimizing your diagnosis and treatment options.
- Understand the significant change in the classification system of choroidal neovascular membranes in ARMD.
- Get up-to-date information on treating ARMD secondary to geographic atrophy through cell transplantation and pharmacologic therapies.
- Easily visualize key aspects of ARMD thanks to high-quality illustrations and photographs.
- Find the information you need quickly by referencing individual chapters that offer comprehensive and inclusive coverage of the topic at hand.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to: - Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use