Micro and Nano Mechanical Testing of Materials and Devices
Nanoscale and nanostructured materials have exhibited different physical properties from the corresponding macroscopic coarse-grained materials due to the size confinement. As a result, there is a need for new techniques to probe the mechanical behavior of advanced materials on the small scales. Micro and Nano Mechanical Testing of Materials and Devices presents the latest advances in the techniques of mechanical testing on the micro- and nanoscales, which are necessary for characterizing the mechanical properties of low-dimensional materials and structures.
Written by a group of internationally recognized authors, this book covers topics such as:
- Techniques for micro- and nano- mechanical characterization;
- Size effects in the indentation plasticity;
- Characterization of low-dimensional structure including nanobelts and nanotubes;
- Characterization of smart materials, including piezoelectric materials and shape memory alloys;
- Analysis and modeling of the deformation of carbon-nanotubes.
Micro and Nano Mechanical Testing of Materials and Devices is a valuable resource for engineers and researchers working in the area of mechanical characterization of advanced materials.
Application of nanoindentation in the characterization of smart materials such as shape memory alloys and piezoelectric materialsCharacterization of small-scale structure including nanobelts and electronic devicesCharacterization of biomaterials such as biomembraneSize-dependent mechanical behavior