The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Tourism
The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Tourism presents a collection of readings that represent an essential and authoritative reference on the state-of-the-art of the interdisciplinary field of tourism studies.
* Presents a comprehensive and critical overview of tourism studies across the social sciences
* Introduces emerging topics and reassesses key themes in tourism studies in the light of recent developments
* Includes 50 newly commissioned essays by leading experts in the social sciences from around the world
* Contains cutting-edge perspectives on topics that include tourism's role in globalization, sustainable tourism, and the state's role in tourism development
* Sets an agenda for future tourism research and includes a wealth of bibliographic references