Sex, Gender and the Sacred
Sex, Gender and the Sacred presents a multi-faith, multi-disciplinary collection of essays that explore the interlocking narratives of religion and gender encompassing 4,000 years of history.
* Contains readings relating to sex and religion that encompass 4,000 years of gender history
* Features new research in religion and gender across diverse cultures, periods, and religious traditions
* Presents multi-faith and multi-disciplinary perspectives with significant comparative potential
* Offers original theories and concepts relating to gender, religion, and sexuality
* Includes innovative interpretations of the connections between visual, verbal, and material aspects of particular religious traditions