The International Handbooks of Museum Studies, 4 Volume Set
The International Handbooks of Museum Studies bring together original essays by a global team of experts to provide a state-of-the-art survey of the field of museum studies.
* Creates an authoritative, multi-volume reference, offering unprecedented depth of coverage and breadth of scholarship in this interdisciplinary field
* Accessibly structured into four thematic volumes exploring all aspects of museum theory, practice, media and controversies, and the impact of new technologies
* Includes a treasure-trove of examples and original case studies to illuminate the various perspectives represented
* Features original essays by an international team of contributors, including leading academics and practitioners, as well as up-and-coming names in the field
* Provides an indispensable resource for the study of the development, roles, and significance of museums in contemporary society
* Available online or as a four-volume print set; visit www.museumstudieshandbooks.com for more information
Museum Theory showcases innovative theoretical formations that have defined museum studies and which point the way towards its future.
Museum Practice addresses areas of museum work--especially those that have been neglected in the existing critical literature--in order to re-articulate and transcend the theory-practice division.
Museum Media focuses on the relationship between museums and media, how media are changing contemporary museums, the role of material objects in museums, and how museums produce different kinds of visitor experience through display design.
Museum Transformations addresses the social, cultural, political, and economic developments that are shaping and re-shaping museums.