A Practical Guide to Joint & Soft Tissue Injections
Get step-by-step, evidence-based guidance on the injections most beneficial to your patients – and your primary care practice! A Practical Guide to Joint & Soft Tissue Injection, 3rd Edition, helps you master the techniques that can provide optimal pain relief, save health care dollars, increase patient satisfaction, and enhance the doctor/patient relationship. This easy-to-understand, fully-illustrated text offers practical, evidence-based information on a wide variety of injection and aspiration techniques for common skin and musculoskeletal conditions. The interactive eBook that accompanies the print book includes dozens of videos to help you perfect your technique.
Features: - Hundreds of full-color illustrations help you identify landmarks and determine exactly how to proceed.
- An all-new chapter on injected anesthesia, including nerve blocks, brings you up to date in this key area.
- New coverage of inflammatory dermatoses, carpal tunnel syndrome, myofascial trigger points, and different approaches to the knee joint help you provide pain relief and improved function to a wide variety of patients.
- Comprehensive coverage includes a diverse group of musculoskeletal disorders, chalazions, keloids, warts, and occipital neuralgia, as well as the use of corticosteroids, viscosupplementation, and dry needling.
- Solid guidance in foundational principles covers anatomy and landmarks, when to refer, indications and contraindications, special medical conditions, equipment, complications, coding and billing, and much more.
- Helpful appendices provide consent forms, aftercare handouts, and information on documentation.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to: - Dozens of step-by-step videos that show you exactly how to perform each injection
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use