The Role of Colloidal Systems in Environmental Protection
The Role of Colloidal Systems in Environmental Protection describes the importance of colloids in many applications that contribute to environmental protection, including drinking water and wastewater treatment, heavy metal remediation, treatment of radioactive materials, corrosion, and energy conversion. Knowledge of the physical and chemical composition of colloids is important to understand and accurately model the relevant processes. The book familiarizes the reader with the technological features of the application of colloids in environmental protection, and provides chemical engineers, researchers, and scientists in academic and corporate communities with the latest developments in this field. Each chapter covers the whole spectrum of the relevant science, from the fundamentals to applications.
- Provides the applied technological features of colloids in environmental protection
- Gives insight into the use of bio-solid colloids as contaminant carriers
- Covers the natural occurrence of biosurfactants in the environment and their applications
- Provides information on the use of nanoparticles for environmental applications
- Chapters written by recognized and respected experts in the field from all over the world