Prescribing Skills Workbook
Prescribing Skills Workbook is the ideal way for students and junior doctors to practice prescribing. The book features 45 exercises, each one carefully chosen to test the reader’s grasp of a key principle, such as managing a patient on warfarin. Each exercise begins with a short clinical scenario; next, the reader is invited to fill in a realistic, life-size chart in response; an answer section follows containing the correctly completed chart, together with a summary of the main clinical and educational aspects of the exercise.
- A unique resource for medical students and junior doctors to improve their understanding of the principles of safe prescribing and practice filling out a drug chart correctly
- 45 life-size charts replicate the experience of completing a prescription, with 45 corresponding charts filled out correctly to compare, identify and rectify errors
- DRUGCHARTS mnemonic systematically highlights the key items to consider when prescribing
- Key points boxes highlight the main learning objectives
- Introductory chapter includes tips for safe prescribing