The EU Law of Competition
- Offers uniquely in-depth working knowledge of EU competition law, written by current and former members of the Directorate General for Competition
- A practical reference tool that puts particular emphasis upon how law and policy apply in practice
- New chapter on pharmaceuticals, covering dominance in abusive conduct cases, restrictive practices, competition between manufacturers of generic medicines, case law, and parallel trade in pharmaceuticals
- New separate chapters on communications (telecoms and Internet) and media
- Greatly expanded chapters on mergers and cartels
Written by current or former members of the Directorate General for Competition, Faull and Nikpay provides a unique working knowledge of the legislative regime and its application. This established authority on EU competition law is updated to cover the latest substantive, procedural, and case law developments, and a new chapter on pharmaceuticals.
Fully updated in this third edition, the work includes full coverage of the latest legislation, case law and guidance, giving competition lawyers a comprehensive commentary on recent developments.
It includes new material on industries of growing importance in the competition field, including Pharma and High Tech.
It also analyses the R&D and Specialisation Block Exemption Regulations, the revised Verticals Block Exemption Regulation, and the Technology Transfer Block Exemption. Key cases covered in this edition include Telefonica, Microsoft, Intel, Rambus, RWE, and GdF.
Useful espacially for: Practitioners dealing with competition (antitrust), business and EU law; competition and trade authorities; practitioners and regulators in key sectors such as telecommunications, financial services, intellectual property and transport; academics specialising in competition (antitrust), business and EU law; in each case, throughout Europe and worldwide.