Encyclopedic Dictionary of Signal and Image Processing
Advances in signal processing techniques have been fundamental to many technological developments in communications, medicine, consumer electronics and defence. A consequence of this has been a virtual explosion of terminology describing signal processing methods and implementations. This reference gives a comprehensive treatment of the theory and practice of signal processing (digital and analogue). Arranged alphabetically, entries include short, dictionary type definitions and longer encyclopaedic articles.
* A definitive source of accurate and concise information on modern signal processing terminology
* Comprehensively covers all applications areas - communications, seismic, biomedical, rdar / sonar multimedia, VLSI and industrial technology (including hardware and software issues)
* Structured to allow rapid access to essential information with extensive cross references, cross-referred blind entries, indexes, literature, software and internet references and bibliography
* Features contributions from 12 international authorities in signal processing
* Includes all topics covered in the Editors Information Classification Scheme of the IEEE Transactions in Signal Processing