Mobile ASP.NET MVC 5
You?ll learn to:
- Use responsive principles to build apps that display and perform well on a range of mobile devices.
- Leverage your server-side code to customize what you serve to the client, depending on its capabilities.
- Build an ASP.NET MVC custom view engine, use display modes effectively, and create reusable mobile components with custom HTML helpers.
- Make the most of new capabilities offered on some devices by interacting with native APIs.
By the end of Mobile ASP.NET MVC 5, you should feel confident building web apps that successfully target anything from an iOS or Android device to a feature phone or an older mobile browser. Along the way, you'll learn about the modern mobile web landscape and how to choose the approaches that are right for you, depending on your target audience.
This book is for the ASP.NET developer who knows how ASP.NET MVC works and is eager to learn how to use it for building mobile websites.
- Covers a wide range of techniques on both client and server as well as context to guide mobile strategy decisions.