Foundation iPhone App Development
Taking a hands-on learning approach, Foundation iPhone App Development: Build An iPhone App in 5 Days with iOS 6 SDK quickly enables existing programmers to become familiar and comfortable coding Objective-C using Xcode 4.5, Storyboarding and the iOS 6 SDK to create apps for the iPhone. Nick Kuh, an experienced, Apple award-winning developer, will teach readers how to build an iOS 6 iPhone app from start to finish in 5 days.
During a 5-day process you will learn how to build a professional, custom-designed, object-oriented iPhone App. You’ll start with a PhotoShop PSD design and an app idea. Then, throughout the remainder of the book, Nick will guide you through each stage of building the app. But it’s you who will build the app. You will learn how to think like an app developer, how to turn an idea into a beautiful iPhone app.
In addition to the code and programming practices introduced, the book includes numerous tips, tricks and lessons learned to help new iPhone App developers succeed on the App Store: SEO, in-app marketing approaches and how to win more 5 star reviews.
The 5-day learning process is divided into the following key stages:
- Day 1 begins with the initial planning, paper prototyping and Photoshop design phases of an app idea. You’ll learn how to provision your iOS apps for deployment to your iPhone. By the end of your first day you’ll get to learn on the job, creating an Object-Oriented Black Jack Game that implements the Model View Controller paradigm in Objective C.
- Day 2 is all about Storyboarding: creating and connecting all of the user interface views of our app.
- Day 3 begins with table views and data population. By the end of the third day you’ll be knee-deep in Core Data: building a data model and creating an editable, persistent data storage solution for your app.
- By Day 4 you’ll be learning how to communicate with Facebook using Apple’s new Social framework introduced in iOS 6.
- Day 5 kicks off with code and methods to add in-app social network marketing to your app. With your completed app you’ll then learn how to submit an App to Apple alongside numerous tips and tricks to improve your chances of success and visibility in this unique marketplace.
From start to finish, this book inherits Nick’s tried and tested methods to build beautiful native iPhone Apps efficiently. After reading and using this book, you’ll come away with a core iOS development process and coding concepts that can be re-used and applied to your own iPhone app projects. Moreover, you’ll gain an understanding of how to architect your own apps, write reusable code and implement best practices for faster productivity and maybe even make some money, too.
- Unlike any competition out there currently, this book teaches you how to build an app from start to finish. - The author is an expert trainer in iPhone, iPad and iOS apps development. - iPhone app development are hot tech and book markets.