Corrosion Handbook - Corrosive Agents and Their Interaction with Materials
The DECHEMA Corrosion Handbook provides a comprehensive collection of knowledge which is unique both in scope as well as content. Corrosion data and the chemical resistance of all technically important metallic, non-metallic, inorganic and organic materials in contact with aggressive media are covered, constituting the prime information source worldwide for the selection of materials for equipment in which corrosive media are handled or processed. Furthermore, methods of corrosion protection and prevention are also described.
Faced with the task of optimizing a given environment-material system, the user of this work will find answers to the following questions:
- Is there information available on the behavior of the material under consideration in a particular medium?
- Which materials are out of question for the proposed purpose?
- Which materials can be used without hesitation in the medium concerned?
- What are the conditions under which a less resistant, less costly material will give satisfactory service?
- Which material offers best performance for value under the given circumstances?
- What protective measures exist: inhibitors, coatings, cathodic protection, etc.?