Understanding Theories of Religion
Featuring comprehensive updates and additions, the second edition of Understanding Theories of Religion explores the development of major theories of religion through the works of classic and contemporary figures.
* A new edition of this introductory text exploring the core methods and theorists in religion, spanning the sixteenth-century through to the latest theoretical trends
* Features an entirely new section covering religion and postmodernism; race, sex, and gender; and religion and postcolonialism
* Examines the development of religious theories through the work of classic and contemporary figures from the history of anthropology, sociology, psychology, philosophy, and theology
* Reveals how the study of religion evolved in response to great cultural conflicts and major historical events
* Student-friendly features include chapter introductions and summaries, biographical vignettes, a timeline, a glossary, and many other learning aids