Handbook of Palliative Care
A Practical and Comprehensive Introduction to the Field of Palliative Medicine
"This is not so much a handbook of palliative care as the handbook of palliative care." -Palliative Medicine
The Third Edition of the BMA's 1999 Medical Book of the Year provides valuable insights into the complex issues that arise in the delivery of palliative care. It is an invaluable resource for anyone involved in palliative care no matter what the setting-be it hospital, hospice, or community.
Handbook of Palliative Care, Third Edition provides the what, how, and why of palliative care, helping providers follow best practices developed by specialists and supported by available research. It handily combines clinical practice and theoretical concepts in a succinct format, making the latest knowledge easy to find and apply.
The Third Edition provides:
* Comprehensive and authoritative information as well as thorough detail on how to apply it
* Guidance from UK and North American clinicians who are experts in their field
* Up-to-date overviews of medicine management and complementary medicine in palliative care
* Considerations of audit and ethical issues in palliative medicine
* New chapters tackling important issues like Choice, Equality, and Diversity; Dementia; and Advance Care Planning
* A thoroughly revised chapter on cancer complications including the latest on lymphoedema
This Third Edition of Handbook of Palliative Care is the book for doctors, nurses, therapists, pharmacists, social workers, family members, and anyone involved with or providing palliative care. The First Edition was the winner of the 1999 BMA Medical Book of the Year Prize.