Designing and Developing Training Programs
Designing and Developing Training Programs is filled with practical information, best practices, and proven strategies. This book will help both new and experienced trainers design and develop training programs that achieve results for both individuals and their organizations while meeting the challenges of today's fast-paced, rapidly changing learning environment. Created to be easy-to-use, Designing and Developing Training Programs covers a wide range of topics, including how to:
* Ensure that training is needed, relevant, and cost-effective
* Analyze the needs and characteristics of the audience
* Write behavioral learning
* Select the right content and design activities that help people learn
* Develop effective learning materials
* Create a program evaluation
* Design virtual and remote training programs
Praise for Designing and Developing Training Programs
"Janis Fisher Chan is truly a master designer, having an uncanny ability to help people to truly think. Her book is of real service to anyone in the field of training."
-Manfred Kets de Vries, Raoul de Vitry d'Avaucourt Chaired Clinical Professor of Leadership Development and director, INSEAD Global Leadership Centre
"What makes Janis Chan's book so exceptional is the variety of challenging, content-related exercises that bring the concepts 'up close and personal' into the reader's life and work."
-Sharon Bowman, Author, Training from the BACK of the Room!