Video Codec Design
Video compression coding is the enabling technology behind a new wave of communication applications. From streaming internet video to broadcast digital television and digital cinema, the video codec is a key building block for a host of new multimedia applications and services. Video Codec Design sets out to de-mystify the subject of video coding and present a practical, design-based approach to this emerging field.
* Guidance on the practical design and implementation of video coding technology.
* Explanation of the major video coding standards, including MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263 and H.26L.
* Detailed coverage of key video coding techniques and core algorithms.
* Examination of critical design issues including transmission, Quality of Service and processing platforms.
* A wealth of illustrations and practical examples, including quantitative comparisons of design alternatives.
Video Codec Design provides communications engineers, system designers, researchers and technical managers with an essential handbook to image and video compression technology. The clear presentation and emphasis on real-life examples make this book an excellent teaching tool for computer science and electronic engineering instructors.