Cambridge HSC Mathematics General 2
Cambridge Mathematics General Second Editions are completely revised to closely follow the new Stage 6 Mathematics General syllabus, covering all required Strands and Focus Studies for Preliminary and the HSC General 2 course. Designed to cater for a wide range of learning styles and abilities, these student-friendly texts develop and reinforce the skills your students need to manage personal finances and to effectively participate in an increasingly complex society.
Usually available for purchase separately, for a limited time the Interactive Textbook will be included at no extra cost with the Cambridge Mathematics General printed textbooks.
- Focus Studies are presented in discrete chapters to provide in-depth coverage of each topic through comprehensive theory explanations, highlighted key ideas, examples, exercises, chapter summaries and review questions.
- A large number of precise step-by-step worked examples demonstrate mathematical processes and encourage independent learning.
- Exercises are carefully graded to suit the range of students undertaking each mathematics course:
> Foundation questions consolidate fluency and understanding.
> Development questions encourage students to apply their understanding to a particular context.
> Challenge questions inspire further thought and development for more advanced students. There are several Challenge questions per exericse in the student text, with more in the Teacher Resource Package.
Students undertaking the Preliminary course may go on to HSC General 1 or General 2. The graded questions in the Preliminary text are suitable for every student. Those expected to continue to HSC General 2 should focus on the Development and Challenge questions while likely General 1 candidates would concentrate on completing the foundation questions and some of the Development questions.
- Syllabus topics and their principal content points are listed at the start of each chapter to outline the concepts to be covered.
- Essential rules, formulae and important concepts are highlighted throughout, while a comprehensive glossary and HSC formula sheet are ideal for quick reference and revision.
- Applications of relevant technologies are incorporated, such as graphics calculator and spreadsheet activities, examples and questions.
- End-of-chapter summaries and multiple-choice and short-response questions provide opportunities to consolidate and revise knowledge and understanding.
- Two complete HSC Practice Papers with answers provide valuable preparation for the HSC course and exams.
If you order this product you will receive the following components:Textbook: delivered in full colour print.PDF Textbook: a downloadable PDF version of the student text that enables students to take notes and bookmark pages. The PDF textbook can be used in class or as a reference at home.Interactive Textbook: a HTML version of the student text that delivers interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning experience of the student text. It is viewed through an internet browser. Usually available for purchase separately, for a limited time the Interactive Textbook will be included at no extra cost with the Cambridge Mathematics General Second Edition.To access the PDF Textbook and the Interactive Textbook simply register for a Cambridge GO account and enter the 16 character access code found in the separate sealed pocket.