Christ Church, Canterbury, was the seat of the archbishop and an important pilgrimage site. The letters and other documents in its register reveal not only its history, but how complex was the management of the priory and its estates. This three-volume edition is based on a transcript of the register compiled in 1411 and continued thereafter. Volume 3, edited by Joseph Brigstocke Sheppard (1827–95) and published in 1889, contains items 944–1119, ranging in date from 1375 to 1536. The editor has selected documents addressed to individuals or groups, and the subjects vary widely. Most relate to church affairs, including formal letters of appointment and items addressing building work. Others are financial, dealing with rents, taxes and problems with property in Ireland. The texts are in Latin, Norman French and English, with translations provided for the French documents. Appendices and a general index to the three volumes are also included.