Globally, mineral exploration has grown significantly in recent years, driven by the rapid acceleration in prices for gold and diamonds since 2004 and the emergence of a middle class in both China and India-aggressively increased demand. Despite this resurgence, no single book has been published that takes an interdisciplinary approach in addressing the full scope of mineral exploration-from mining and extraction to economic evaluation, policies, sustainability, and environmental impacts. Mineral Exploration: Principles and Applications accomplishes this by presenting each topic with theoretical approaches first followed by specific applications that can be immediately implemented in the field.
- Presents 16 case studies that allow readers to quickly apply exploration concepts to real-life scenarios in the field
- Includes more than 200 illustrations and full-color photographs that aid the reader in retaining key procedures and applications
- Each chapter is structured so that its topic is discussed theoretically first followed by specific applications
- Combines both theory and application in a multidisciplinary reference that thoroughly addresses the full scope of mineral exploration
- Authored by an instructor with more than 30 years of experience in the field and a decade as a consultant for commercial mining companies