This book is an in-depth, systematic and structured technical reference on 3GPP's LTE-Advanced (Releases 10 and 11), covering theory, technology and implementation, written by an author who has been involved in the inception and development of these technologies for over 20 years.
The book not only describes the operation of individual components, but also shows how they fit into the overall system and operate from a systems perspective. Uniquely, this book gives in-depth information on upper protocol layers, implementation and deployment issues, and services, making it suitable for engineers who are implementing the technology into future products and services.
Reflecting the author's 25 plus years of experience in signal processing and communication system design, this book is ideal for professional engineers, researchers, and graduate students working in cellular communication systems, radio air-interface technologies, cellular communications protocols, advanced radio access technologies for beyond 4G systems, and broadband cellular standards.
- An end-to-end description of LTE/LTE-Advanced technologies using a top-down systems approach, providing an in-depth understanding of how the overall system works
- Detailed algorithmic descriptions of the individual components' operation and inter-connection
- Strong emphasis on implementation and deployment scenarios, making this a very practical book
- An in-depth coverage of theoretical and practical aspects of LTE Releases 10 and 11
- Clear and concise descriptions of the underlying principles and theoretical concepts to provide a better understanding of the operation of the system's components
- Covers all essential system functionalities, features, and their inter-connections based on a clear protocol structure, including detailed signal flow graphs and block diagrams
- Includes methodologies and results related to link-level and system-level evaluations of LTE-Advanced
- Provides understanding and insight into the advanced underlying technologies in LTE-Advanced up to and including Release 11: multi-antenna signal processing, OFDM, carrier aggregation, coordinated multi-point transmission and reception, eICIC, multi-radio coexistence, E-MBMS, positioning methods, real-time and non-real-time wireless multimedia applications