A Companion to British Art
This companion is a collection of newly-commissioned essays written by leading scholars in the field, providing a comprehensive introduction to British art history.
* A generously-illustrated collection of newly-commissioned essays which provides a comprehensive introduction to the history of British art
* Combines original research with a survey of existing scholarship and the state of the field
* Touches on the whole of the history of British art, from 800-2000, with increasing attention paid to the periods after 1500
* Provides the first comprehensive introduction to British art of the eighteenth, nineteenth, and twentieth centuries, one of the most lively and innovative areas of art-historical study
* Presents in depth the major preoccupations that have emerged from recent scholarship, including aesthetics, gender, British art's relationship to Modernity, nationhood and nationality, and the institutions of the British art world