US Foreign Policy in Action
This innovative teaching text on United States foreign policy interprets the foreign policy decision-making process through the lens of political debate and exchange. It introduces historical developments and theories of U.S. foreign policy and engages students in the politics of the foreign policy process through innovative learning exercises.
* Features critical analysis of contemporary trends in U.S. foreign policy, including debates in the Obama administration, foreign policy and the 2012 presidential election, and reaction to the Arab Spring
* Written by an award-winning teacher-scholar in international relations, with extensive experience in both policy making and pedagogy
* Views foreign policy decision making through the lends of political debate
* Offers fresh perspectives on historical developments as well as surveying prominent foreign policy theories
* Includes new and innovative participatory learning exercises exploring a range of themes including executive/ legislature conflict
* Contains extensive teaching and learning applications, including discussion questions, document templates, worksheets, suggested readings, and links to web resources throughout